**Join the conversation using #PSGNCFigureSkating
COMPETITION DATE: Saturday, June 1
COMPETITION SITE: Extreme Ice Center (Indian Trail, NC)
COMPETITION ANNOUNCEMENT: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PACKET
Online: $65 plus $25 for each additional event
Mail In: $70 plus $25 for each additional event
ENTRY DEADLINE: Entry must be received in the Powerade State Games office or postmarked by April 20, 2013.
Holiday Inn Express – Matthews
Powerade State Games Rate: $99
Rate Code: Powerade State Games of NC
Distance to Extreme Ice Center: 5.6 miles
NEW FOR 2013! Critiques are being offered for pre-juvenile through novice well balanced free skate levels.
Medals will be awarded to all first, second and third-place winners in each division.
A schedule will be e-mailed to participants once registration has closed and the program itinerary has been developed.
Practice Ice applications will be emailed to participants as well as posted on this website. Contact Extreme Ice Center for practice ice reservation forms and payment.
Check-in will be open one hour prior to the competition and will remain open during the scheduled events. Skaters should check in at least one hour prior to their event.
Only CD’s will be accepted and must be clearly marked with name, event and program time. CD's may only have one piece of music on it. Competition music must be turned in one hour before the event at registration and picked up from the registration desk at the completion of the event. The Powerade State Games of North Carolina and the Carolinas Figure Skating Club accept no responsibility for breakage, damage or loss of music, but will take every precaution possible to protect them. It is recommended that competitors have an extra competition CD available. Vocal music is permitted. Programs may be less than the designated times, but not more.
The Powerade State Games of North Carolina Figure Skating Championship is a qualifying competition for the National State Games of America Championships (SGA). Skaters may choose to enter each event at SGA that they qualified for by virtue of placing first, second or third at the Powerade State Games of NC competition. All events at SGA are solo events, except for synchronized team and Spotlight. Skaters that qualified in an event offered at SGA may add an additional event from Spotlight, Footwork, or Dance.
The ice surface is 200' x 85' with rounded corners and hockey barrier. The rink is located at 4705 Indian Trail Fairview Rd., Indian Trail, NC 28079. The facility has a snack bar/restaurant and pro-shop. Outside food and drink will not be allowed to be brought inside. Dressing rooms are available. There are bleacher seats for watching the events.
Computation of Results:
The current USFS accounting procedures will be used. We will be using the 6.0 system of judging.
Age divisions are determined by age on April 30, 2013 Age divisions may be further broken down to equalize group size.
Adults 19 years and older will compete in separate events in all divisions unless they choose to compete with skaters under 19 years of age. The choice to compete with younger skaters must be so indicated in a letter accompanying their entry.
Policies and Procedures:
1. United States Figure Skating Association (USFS) 2013-2014 rules will be used as guidelines for judging all events. Skaters may skate less than the time indicated. Maximum times are given to accommodate ISI programs.
2. This competition will be sanctioned by USFS, although membership in USFS is not required to enter the Powerade State Games of North Carolina.
3. Skaters may compete at level qualified or can skate up one level but may compete in only one event from each category. Athletes are also responsible for verifying age, residency and test level, if challenged.
4. Non-USFS members may contact the Powerade State Games figure skating coordinator, Sonja Kaminski (email@example.com) with any questions regarding the correct test level.
5. All skaters must reside or skate regularly in North Carolina and South Carolina.
6. Combining Events -The Competition Committee reserves the right to combine events.
7. Boys and girls may skate together in some events.
Competition costumes are to be modest, dignified and appropriate for athletic competition. They may reflect the character of the music but should not be too theatrical. (This does not pertain to spotlight/showcase costumes.) Ladies' hips and posteriors should not be exposed. Any application of beading, etc. should be firmly affixed. Deductions for violations are 0.1-0.2 in the second mark.
Competition Manager/Referee: Sonja Kaminski (firstname.lastname@example.org)