**Join the coversation using #PSGNCWrestling
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!---> REGISTER ONLINE NOW!!
2013 Registered Participants List: Click Here (last updated 6/19 at 2pm)
COMPETITION SITE: Hough High School (Cornelius, NC)
COMPETITION DATE: Saturday, June 22
ENTRY FEES: Online: $25 Onsite: $30 **Additional events: $15
Admission Fee for non-athletes and Coaches: $5 (athletes get in free with participant pass)
Online Registration Deadline: Wednesday, June 19 (corrected date)
2013 HOST HOTELS: Click Here!
Click here for the USA Wrestling Rulebook
1. The Powerade State Games Wrestling tournament will feature both Freestyle and Folkstyle wrestling styles.
2. Anyone can compete!! AAU, USA Wrestling, Masters, Recreational, etc.
3. Competition will follow the USA Wrestling Weight Class Divisions.
4. Participants must provide their own singlets and headgear. High School and Collegiate singlets are allowed. Head gear is recommended, but not mandatory.
5. Folkstyle only will be offered to the following divisions: Bantam, Intermediate, Novice and Schoolboy.
6. Both Freestyle and Folkstyle will be offered to the following divisions: Cadet, Junior, University and Veterans.
7. Womens divisions will be combined as follows: Bantam & Intermediate; Novice & School Girl; Cadet and Junior.
8. Madision Weights will be applied to all women's divisions.
9. Competition Match Time limits are best 2 out of 3 and are as follows:
- Folkstyle: 1-1-1 for consolation rounds and 1-2-2 for Championship Rounds
- Freestyle: 2-2-2
1. Optional weigh-ins will be held 5-7pm on Friday, June 21 prior to the start of the 2013 Powerade State Games Opening Ceremonies. All wrestlers are encouraged to attend the ceremonies after they have weighed in.
2. Wrestlers must weigh-in wearing their singlet or a pair of shorts.
3. Wreslters not making weight classes on Friday night can still weigh in on Saturday morning.
4. Competition day weigh-ins on Saturday, June 22 will run from 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM at Hough High School.
5. Wreslters not making weight classes will be placed in the appropriate classed based on their current weight.
6. Competition will begin at 10:00 AM.
7. Wrestlers missing the weigh-ins or the tournament will not receive a refund.
8. Weight classes may be appropriately combined at the discretion of the Competition Manager.
Awards: The top three finishers in each weight class will receive a Powerade State Games gold, silver and bronze medals.
For more information, contact the Powerade State Games office at 919-361-1133 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org